ATTENDEES: R. Apfel, S. Broschat, C. Church, R. Cleveland, L. Crum, A. Coleman, N. de Jong, F. Dunn, C. Everbach, L. Frizzell, I. Hallaj, P. Kaczkowski, T. Leighton, I. Makin, P. Mourad, W. Nyborg, R. Roy, A. Sarvazian, G. ter Haar, et al.
NOTE: Please notify Ron Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org; 617-353-4846) if you detect any errors or omissions.
1. The meeting started by thanking the Organizing committee for their efforts in organizing such an excellent meeting.
2. The names and organizers of the B&B special sessions held at meeting was listed. This meeting was a particularly productive one for B&B, with a total of 5 special sessions (most running all day) spanning the duration of the meeting.
3. A vote was taken to change the name of the TC from "Bioresponse to Vibration/Biomedical Ultrasound" to "Biomedical Ultrasound/Bioresponse to Vibration". A motion was made by Larry Crum and passed with a solid majority of those present.
4. A discussion was held on the nature (i.e. cost) of the socials. The prevailing view was that socials should not be scaled back to reduce meeting cost. This was followed up by a discussion on the registration fees. Most attendees felt that the current fee structure was not prohibitive.
5. Technical Initiatives for 1998:
6. The scoop on Norfolk - Fall '98:
7. The scoop on Berlin - Spring '99:
8. The meeting concluded over champagne, as we toasted Floyd Dunn for winning the GOLD MEDAL of Acoustical Society of America. Three Cheers for Floyd!
Ronald A. Roy