Technical Committee on Biomedical Acoustics
About the BATC
The Technical Committee on Biomedical Acoustics, one of the most diverse groups in the Acoustical Society of America, is comprised of individuals whose interests cover a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic applications or, more generally, the interaction of sound with biological materials. Biomedical Acoustics was formerly known as Biomedical Ultrasound/Bioresponse to Vibration.
The Biomedical Acoustics TC is concerned with the study of the interactions of acoustic waves with biological materials, including cells, tissues, organ systems and entire organisms. Relevant areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic applications of acoustics in medicine
- Biological effects of exposure to mechanical vibration and acoustic waves
- Acoustic propagation in biological materials
- Ultrasound field calibration, exposimetry and dosimetry
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Medical image and signal processing
- Characterization and processing of biological materials
- Physiological measurements
ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
The premier international scientific society in acoustics, dedicated to increasing and diffusing the knowledge of acoustics and it’s practical applications.